For 2022, Regen have introduced a sixth category of “Net Zero Energy Developer” Regen state that this new category “will champion those developers bringing forward the renewable electricity, heat and/or transport projects required to achieve net zero energy.”
The award is looking to recognise developers that are:
- maximising the contribution of their projects to the transition to net zero energy
- engaging positively with local communities and UK supply chains
- and who have a clear route to getting projects built out and generating/supplying energy.
All six categories for the Green Energy Awards are as follows:
- NEW: Net Zero energy developer (sponsorship opportunity available)
- Whole energy system innovation (sponsored by GA Energy)
- Net Zero energy pioneer (sponsored by Equans, part of the Engie Group)
- Clean energy scheme (sponsored by TLT)
- Community energy initiative (sponsored by Western Power Distribution)
- Local energy leadership (sponsored by Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks)
To find out more and make a nomination visit Regen’s website and The first stage of nominations close on Wednesday 19 January.